The electrical projects can be categorized into many types and sub types depending on the nature of customer requirements. The first category belongs to supply of materials, products, accessories etc. The second category could be related to specific service provision by the provider at the client specified site. There are many characteristics associated with every project. Some of them are generic in nature and the others are project specific. The project agreement and implantation usually start after the tender and bidding procedure are complete.
Electrical Projects – Details
· Reference and Name: – The project reference and the tender/quote reference are often the same or they are linked with some unique code combination. In addition the client provides a unique name for the project.
· Territory: – This is the project execution site. If it is related to the supplies, it represents the delivery destination. If project is related to erection/construction/installations, the territory represents the project execution site.
· Client: – Theclientdetailsincluding thecompany profile, contact details and other information is provided in this section. References to websites and related links are also included here.
· Description: – The client specifies the comprehensive project details in this section. It might include the project scope, nature of work involved, requirements of men, material, machine and methods. Detailed flow of the project consists of construction and installation procedures, work flow, required reports etc.
· Budget: – Initially the client specifies the overall budget allocation for the project. The drilldown details could be provided depending on the project plan and the number of stages in the project. Details of budget related to material, machinery, manpower and other related processes are specified by the client. In some instances the budgets are fixed. Hence the provider needs to manage the resources within the maximum ceiling limits. In some of the projects the budget might be extended to a certain level. The provider can specify the approximation for every stage and extend it to the maximum limit when there is a need. In most of the cases the client will have the +/tolerance limits for the budget based on the escalations in material, machinery and manpower rates in the market.
Project Progress – Status Updates
The client or the provider can use the advanced project management systems in the form of a cloud based application. Then they give the access permission to the other user. Both can update the project progress in the commonly accessed database.
· Reports: – The client expects the provider to prepare and submit project progress reports in detail. They give information about the present status, completed tasks, pending tasks, time taken for completion of each task, expected time frame for the remaining tasks etc. Basically the reports are categorized into technical and financial sections. The finance section integrates the budget, expenses etc with the workflow/supplies.
Charts: – The online charts and graphs can be used to analyze the progress and track any gaps between the target and the current status. This is considered to be essential for the management from the client and the provider to take corrective and preventive measures.